This Page

has been moved to new address

Using the net for Genealogy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
DawnsDelights: Using the net for Genealogy

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Using the net for Genealogy

The internet has made the process of networking with distant relatives a great adventure without leaving the comforts of your home. Don't get me wrong exploring the places that your dear relatives lived their lives is fun. But time and money doesn't always afford those luxuries. So here comes the net, with millions of people connecting everyday. Recently I got a wonderful opportunity to visit a distant cousin in Las Vegas, while visiting the Titanic Exhibit.

The visit was wonderful, she is the niece of my grandfather whom I had never met. The visit was wonderful, it wasn't awkward as some would think. I kept things basic, as I would with any new stranger. Got to know her, hear about her family. Listening skills are very important when learning about a side of the family you never knew. I was lucky to have met and forged this new friendship. It was family through Facebook that lead me to this relative, but that isn't always the case. Sometimes you can meet family through sites such as Ancestry.com and ProGenealogists. It's worth the time to learn more from those who are still around, you never know if that information the personal experiences will be available to share later. I learned much more about my Grandfather than I had ever known.

 

Family Tree Maker 2010


ProGenealogists, Inc.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home